Tip Of The Month
Health Tip of the Month brought to you by Shape® Magazine:
When ordering at a restaurant, ask for sauces, dressings, and toppings "on the side." It's the best way to control your calorie intake while dining out.
Fruit of the Month: Mangos
- Mangos are rich in vitamins A and C.
- Mango trees can reach heights greater than 100ft.
- 1 mango contains 5.4 grams of fiber!
Vegetable of the Month: Water chestnuts
- Water chestnuts require a 6 month frost-free growing season, which is why they are generally grown in semi-tropical areas.
- Despite its name, the water chestnut is not a nut, but a vegetable that grows underwater.
- 1 cup of water chestnuts contains 3.7 grams of fiber!